Hi! I’m Sarah Parsons, founder of Strategy Sarah™. Thanks for joining us!
If you’ve made it to this page, I assume you’ve already read all about Strategy Sarah™, and want to more of the nerdy details about me. Here’s everything you ever wanted to know!
The official credentials:
- With an MBA and 15 years in the corporate world, I can use big business corporate speak terminology with the best of them. But I’m a casual, West Coast gal at heart, and I prefer to keep my language simple and understandable in everyday language. (Don’t mistake casual for not being serious about business – both mine and yours. I take great pride in my work, and that reflects in everything I do.)
- I’ve spent the bulk of my corporate career in the sporting goods industry (I do live in Portland, after all), doing a mix of account management and managing process and projects for product marketing teams. I’ve also worked with solopreneurs, non-profits, small businesses and agencies.
- I freakishly love organization, planning, numbers (yes, a self-described nerd!), helping people bring ideas to life and solving big and small problems.
Additional fun facts:
- My fantastically handsome husband, Charles, and I have been married since the fall of 2007, and have to equally fantastic little boys. They’re 5 and 6 and keep me on my toes.
- I spent time in high school and college working at coffee shops (what self-respecting child of the Northwest didn’t?), worked as an intern for the Portland Trail Blazers during one of those years where someone got arrested or had a scandal roughly every other week (that’s a marketer’s dream, right?), and did a brief stint in retail management with the Target Corporation (I have the utmost respect for anyone working retail – it is not for the faint of heart).
- I’m often too sarcastic for my own good, but rest assured, what you see is what you get. If I’m saying it here, I’ll say it to you live. Well, unless I’m feeling shy, which I’m known to do when I’m uncomfortable in a situation.
- I think I’m really funny sometimes. Funnier than other people think I am. Good friends have been known to roll their eyes at me (I’m looking at you, Julie!).
- Since I know you are dying to know: My perfect day starts with a cup of coffee and a good book and is followed up with family, friends, food and fun (see, I tried to alliterate there. It didn’t really work, but I don’t have anything better, so I’m leaving it).
- And last, but not least, I’m a wanna-be runner. Translation: I really did run Hood to Coast in 2010, but then I got pregnant, and haven’t run more than a few dozen times since. A current goal is to run a 10k, so I had better go get started…
What’s in it for you?
I’m Strategy Sarah™ and I’d love to help you figure out what needs to be done and then go do it. (or, if you want to talk fancy, work with you on your strategy and implementation).
Some call this systems and process. I call it making it easier to get business done.