11 must-do productively non-productive tasks
This is also known as A List of Things to Do in Short Bursts of Time that Aren’t Urgent, but Still Move the Needle Forward.
What are productively non-productive tasks, you might ask? They’re quick tasks that can be taken care of in minimal downtime, as long as you’re prepared. Also, tasks that you can do while procrastinating on a larger task.
Hot Tip: Create a list of productively non-productive task ideas, so that when you have pockets of otherwise idle time, you have a list ready and don’t waste precious minutes figuring out what to do.
Productively Non-Productive Tasks that take 15 minutes or less:
- Respond to a non-urgent email
- Read a blog post
- Write a card
- Make a phone call
- Schedule an appointment
- Sort one cupboard, shelf, box of stuff
- Send a friend a text message
- Pin / Tweet / otherwise schedule or post to social media (I like to go through posts and articles I’ve saved in Feedly)
- Do a super-quick review of your email inbox for emails that can be immediately deleted or filed
- Fold some laundry (tip: even folding 1-2 pieces of a load each time you walk by will eventually get you through a pile!)
- Read one page in a book (or more)
Enter your email address below to get your FREE Evernote template for Productively Non-Productive Tasks.
What additional ideas do you have for productively non-productive tasks?
This post is part of 31 Timesaving Tools, Tips & Templates, read the rest of the series here.